ARCHIE TONGE EDUCATION FUND SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship was established by the Board of the Archie Tonge Education Fund to support and encourage young people who desire to benefit from a Seventh-day Adventist Christian Education. The purpose is to provide financial assistance to qualified applicants who plan on attending a Seventh-day Adventist college or university in the United States. Scholarships are renewable annually if the recipient remains eligible.
Selection criteria for the scholarship is as follows:
- Be a member in good standing of the current year’s graduating class.
- Demonstrate high academic potential and performance. (Minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Be recognized for leadership achievements and/or special talents.
- Give evidence of being a positive spiritual influence within the school and community.
- Provide verification of financial need.
Applications must be submitted by APRIL 1st to principal/registrar and the following must be included:
- A completed application form
- Two evaluation forms completed by teachers who are familiar with the applicant’s school, church and community contributions
- An up-to-date official transcript
- Demonstration of financial need as evidenced by a copy of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- A copy of the applicant’s ACT and/or SAT test results