Eligibility Rules for Scholarships
- Complete a scholarship application while a student at a Seventh-day Adventists high school/academy within California
- Applying to Colleges within the Seventh-day Adventist school system.
- Central California Conference academies and preparatory schools applying for scholarships will be reviewed first. The Central California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists is a key focus for ATEF.
- Funds available after the Central California Conference Scholarships have been processed will then be considered for other scholarship applications from within the Northern and Southern California Conferences of Seventh-day Adventists.
- Students must:
- Be a member in good standing of the current year’s graduating class
- Demonstrate high academic potential and performance (Minimum GPA: 3.0)
- Be recognized for leadership achievements and/or special talents
- Give evidence of commitment to being a positive spiritual influence within the school and community
- Provide verification of financial need
PUC is Pacific Union College
LLU is Loma Linda University
La is Sierra University
Walla Walla University
Eligibility Rules for Grants
- Grant Applications will be accepted from all SDA academies and preparatory schools in California as well as from PUC, LLU, La Sierra and Walla Walla.
- Eligible applicants must be tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Strengthening Christian education must be the centerpiece of the proposed project.
- The proposal should include a succinct plan for assessing and reporting on the project’s results. In this regard, the ATEF Board Members are interested in learning from projects that have fallen short of expectations as well as those that have succeeded.
Note: A special variance request to the above eligibility rules can be filed with the CEO before Application Review Committee meets, The special variance request must be submitted by an ATEF Board Member. After review, the CEO will then submit the special variances request to the Application Review Committee for consideration in the event additional funds are available